Here at Acupuncture Medical & Research Centre, we offer a wide variety of health, wellness and pain relief services in Austin TX. Take a look at a few of the services and techniques we can provide!
- Acupuncture - Our acupuncture techniques can make you feel and function better. This ancient technique for balancing the body and relieving pain without drugs can improve your immune function, digestion, reproductive health, nerve signaling and much more.
- Acu-Color Therapy - The blending of acupuncture and color therapy. The primary method of treatment involves the application of colored light frequencies to acu-points on the skin, Acu-color. Colored light frequencies penetrate deeply into our cells and may restore cellular communication and support the body’s natural healing processes. See Dee Ann's talk: Acu-color therapy: The Blending of Acupuncture and Color Therapies.
- Acutonics Sound Therapy - Specific vibratory energy is created through precision-calibrated tuning forks, hand chimes and symphonic gongs. The human body, being approximately 70% water, is a natural resonator for sound vibration. Research and nearly twenty years of documented case studies incorporating the use of Acutonics sound tools demonstrate the beneficial impact of sound in the promotion of optimal health and well-being.
- Auricular (Ear) Treatment - Auricular treatment takes advantage of the fact that the ear serves an entire “micro-system,” presenting treatment points for the entire body's various systems. Needling or pressure at specific points on the ear can relieve headaches, reproductive problems, and some 200 other health issues.
- Bemer Mat Therapy - BEMER stands for Bio-Electro-Magnetic Energy Regulation. This form of therapy boosts the electromagnetic energy in your cells, makes more oxygen available to tissues, and dilates blood vessels to improve circulation. These beneficial changes promote optimal metabolism and cellular health – and all you have to do is lie back and relax.
- Bio-mat Therapy - Our Bio-Mat therapy offers a safe, easy, relaxing way to experience the benefits of infrared radiation. (See “Infrared/Far-Infrared Heat Therapy” below.) When you lie on this deceptively-normal looking mat, the healing energy seeps into even hard-to-reach areas, relieving arthritis, muscle spasms, neuralgia and other forms of musculoskeletal pain.
- Chinese Herbal Therapy - Chinese herbal therapy personalizes your treatment in ways no visit to the supermarket drugstore ever could. We combine thousands of Chinese medicinal products with the time-tested principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine to address your specific health condition.
- Colorpuncture - Different colors of light represent different frequencies of electromagnetic energy, each of which can have profound effects on human cells. By administering colored light to specific acupuncture points, we can safely and painlessly enhance your health.
- Cupping - Cupping has been around for thousands of years, stepping into the Western spotlight recently through its widespread use among Olympic athletes. In this ancient Chinese technique, heated air inside glass jars creates a vacuum against the skin, drawing out toxins, improving circulation, and relieving everything from joint pain to respiratory ailments.
- Ear Candling – Ear candling is a gentle, painless method for removing excessive ear wax. A fabric-filled beeswax candle is placed in the outer ear, where it extracts wax, dirt, and bacteria in a matter of minutes. This technique can only un-block your hearing, but it can also relax you and relieve sinus issues.
- Infrared/FarInfrared Heat Therapy - The infrared zone of the spectrum, which is part of the radiation emitted by the sun, is essential for human health. We can apply infrared therapy to boost your circulation, relieve chronic pain and raise your core temperature. Far-infrared therapy uses the frequency range associated with the same “palm healing” administered by Chi Gong and Reiki masters.
- Korean Hand Therapy - The hands represent an entire “micro-system” through which we can heal the body. Korean Hand Therapy is a remarkable technique for relieving pain almost instantly by applying a small probe to specific points on the hand.
- Nutritional Counseling - Yes, it's true that you are what you eat – so what are you eating? We can evaluate your diet and current state of wellness, offering expert nutritional counseling as needed to help you overcome nagging health problems and experience optimal health.
- Medical Feng Shui Consultation – Feng Shui is the Eastern art of restoring /sustaining balance in your life by strategically arranging the elements, shapes, and colors of your living space. We are happy to provide a professional Feng Shui consultation, recommending changes based on your current environment, health, and life goals.
- Orthobionomy - Orthobionomy is an advanced, specialized form of bodywork related to both osteopathy and martial arts. We use this method to help you develop your mind/body awareness, achieve relaxation, and experience relief from a wide range of painful musculoskeletal problems.
Experience the world of services we have for you here at Acupuncture Medical & Research Centre. Contact our Austin acupuncturist, Dee Ann Newbold, to schedule an appointment.