Dee Ann has provided the Central Texas and Austin area with high quality acupuncture services since she moved here in 1988. On the forefront of alternative healing therapies, Dee Ann continually updates her education and speaks all over the world about Acu-color therapy…the groundbreaking and highly effective blending of acupuncture and color light therapy to effect change on a cellular level.
Her extensive knowledge and longtime experience give her the edge to help you recover or improve from health concerns such as allergies, asthma, bell’s palsy, child birth concerns, high blood pressure, migraines, stroke symptoms and many more. CALL or EMAIL today.
Along with her mission to provide pain free, professional care to all of her clients, Dee Ann is an environmental activist: working to recycle, reduce, repurpose, reuse, and renew as much as possible within her office and home. Her office was built as green and chemical free as was possible at the time of building in 2008.
- Blood Pressure
- Non-Surgical Facelift
- Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Sports Injuries
- Women's Health Issues
- 1994-Present Texas Licensed Acupuncturist, Lic#AC00116 Texas State Board of Medical Examiners
- 1988-Present General Practice in Acupuncture, Austin, Texas
- 1987-Present National Acupuncture Certification, National Commision of Acupuncturists [NCCA] 941-1026-807
- 1987-1994 Licensed Acupuncturist, Hawaii State License #119
Dee Ann takes 25-35 hours of Continuing Education classes each year, the current requirement, as set by the Medical Board, is 17 hours.
- 1986-present Post Graduate studies in Oriental Medicine/Acupuncture; traveling to the following countries/states: England, Italy, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Canada. States: Hawaii, Washington, California, New York, Maryland, Florida, New Mexico, Nebraska and Texas
- 1983-86 Graduate, Amer-Asian Institute of Oriental Medicine, HI Diplomate in OM
- 1975-79 Graduate, University of Nebraska, Lincoln Nebraska B.S. in Education
- 1974-75 Wesleyan University, Lincoln Transferred UNL
- 1970-74 Graduate, Minden High School, Minden, Nebraska
Training in Color Therapies
- Color, Harmonics and Acupuncture Frequency, Geometry and Form, May 2014. Training with Julianne Bien, Spectrahue Light and Sound Inc. of Toronto, Canada
- Extensive Colorpuncture Course (161 hours) Instructor: Proveeta Rose of Austin, Texas, 2012-13.
- Peter Mandel Colopuncture Training Intro Course, Manohar Croke, 2006.
- Research in Color Therapies during private practice the last 10 years
- 2017 International Light Association Conference: Light & Health: The Power of Light, Invited Speaker.
- 2017 Society of Acupuncture Research Conference, Poster Presenter San Francisco
- 2016 3rd Annual World Congress of High-Tech Acupuncture Congress in Hangzhou, China “Modern Acupuncture: Stepping Outside the Box” Invited Speaker
- 2016 Fertility and Oriental Medicine Symposium, Vancouver, British Columbia
- 2015 2nd Annual World Congress of High-Tech Acupuncture Congress in Hangzhou, China. “The Blending of Acupuncture & Color Therapies” Invited Speaker
- 2007 National Institutes of Health 10th Anniversary Conference on Acupuncture Research, Bethesda, Maryland. Invited Participant
- 2004-2005 Chair, Education Committee, Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, Acupuncture
- 1999-2005 Texas State Board of Medical Examiners (TSBoME), Acupuncture Board Member
- 2002 Acupuncture Research Foundation Annual Convention Participant
- 2002 California Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Association Poster Presentation
- 1997 National Institutes of Health Conference on Acupuncture Research, Bethesda, Invited
- 1996-1998 President-Texas Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, (TAAOM)
- 1994-1999 Board of Directors TAAOM
- 1994-96, 1999 Secretary TAAOM
- 1993-Present Member TAAOM
- 1994-1998 Academy of Oriental Medicine of Austin, Texas, (AOMA) Advisory Board of Directors
- 1994-1996 Professor AOMA
- 1993-1994 MHMR Travis County, Texas, Drug Detox Program Consultant
- 1993-1995 Austin Women’s Chamber of Commerce Member
- 1991-1992 Ntl. Assoc./Women Business Owners, Austin Program Director
- 1988-1991 Texas Association of Professional Acupuncturists President
- 1987 Amer-Asian Institute of Oriental Medicine, HI Professor
- 1998 and 1999 Acupuncturist of the Year, Consumer Business Review
- 1997 Founder of Texas Acupuncture Certificate from TAAOM
- 1994 Voted “Best Acupuncturist” - Austin Chronicle Reader’s Poll. The one and only year that “Acupuncturist” was a category.
- Adopt a Street Program, Keep Austin Beautiful
- Expanding Your Horizons, Speaker
- Waterloo Counseling Center, Donation of Services
- AIDS Services of Austin, Donation of Services
- Project Transitions & Top Drawer, Donations
- SafePlace, Donation of Services
- HIV/AIDS Assistance Program
- Toyohari Association of North America, Member
- Society for Acupuncture Research, Member
- American Association of Oriental Medicine, Member
- Green Business Network, Member
- Austin Herb Society, Member and Business Sponsor
- Austin Botanical Council, Member
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Member
- Solar Living Institute, Member
- GreenChoice Power Subscriber
- Member GreenAmerica
- Past Member Feng Shui Guild
Dee Ann donates thousands of dollars in acupuncture services every year to many Central Texas fundraisers. Please contact us to inquire for your fundraiser.